The Indiana Walleye Anglers Association (IWAA) had their first annual rules and members meeting at the Ford Indianapolis Boat Sport and Travel show on Saturday February 25th. With a dozen members in attendance for the first meeting, the schedule, dates, and rules were discussed and agreed upon for the inaugural season of the IWAA.
As of current, the IWAA has created a lot of interest and the membership is growing. The club has its required number of Federation members to host a sanctioned Federation club which provides all insurance and the logistics and support required by state laws to hold events on public and state owned properties. Also the Walleye Federation will provide invitations to the top federated members (based on points) at the end of season, to the Cabela’s National Team Championships to be held in 2018.
For anglers attending IWAA events, all Indiana fishing regulations will be enforced. Other rules brought forth for discussion and voted upon are as follows:
• Any angler or team that is cited by law enforcement during the event for any reason will be disqualified for that event.
• Each team may present up to (6) fish to the official scorer but not be in possession of more than (8) fish during the event. Culling is allowed.
• All fish presented to the scorer’s table must be alive and releasable. Any dead fish with incur a 4 ounce penalty. Any fish under the legal minimum size shall be confiscated and a (1) one pound penalty will assessed.
• Teams are encouraged to enroll in the next event as quickly as possible. A date will be announced previous to each event as a deadline for entries. Any entries paid after that a ($10) ten dollar fee will be added to cost of event. This is to help assure fewer difficulties prior to events.
• For members who would like to bring a child or spouse to compete as a nonmember, a $10 fee will be charged. No other nonmembers will be allowed to attend.
• All club level members will receive points towards a club championship. For members wishing to join the Federation, points towards NTC invitations begin once the memberships have been paid for that level. Points awarded before from prior events will not be counted.
Tournament Dates and Location (dates and lakes are subject to state approval)-
4/30 Prairie Creek Reservoir
5/21 Brookville Reservoir
6/11 Monroe Reservoir
7/16 Prairie Creek Reservoir
8/26 & 8/27 Brookville Reservoir (championship)
The club agreed the need to add more lakes to the list for future seasons; however, at this time these lakes are sustainable and have the easiest access for club members. A complete rules and procedures package can be provided electronically upon request. A single hard copy will be on hand at all events.