Saturday, June 2, and Sunday, June 3, are the last of four Free Fishing Days in Indiana this year.
On these special days, Indiana residents can fish public waters without needing a fishing license or a trout stamp.
Free Fishing Days are prime opportunities for families to learn to fish because adults do not need a fishing license on those days, and children ages 17 and younger do not need a license on any day. Free Fishing Weekend is also a great opportunity to take someone fishing who doesn’t already have a license.
DNR properties and other sites across the state will be hosting youth and family fishing events.
People interested in attending a Free Fishing Weekend event are encouraged to contact the host property in advance because some activities may require registration.
For more information on specific events and to find a printable list of all upcoming fishing events, see dnr.IN.gov/fishfree.
Communities and sites hosting events on June 2 are:
- Albion, Chain O’Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
- Anderson, Mounds State Park, 765-642-6627
- Andrews, Salamonie Lake, 260-468-2127
- Birdseye, Patoka Lake, 812-685-2464
- Bloomington, Monroe Lake (Paynetown State Recreation Area), 812-837-9967
- Bluffton, Ouabache State Park, 260-824-0926
- Carmel, Monon Community Center, 317-848-7275
- Cedar Lake, Cedar Lake, 219-374-6157
- Cicero, Red Bridge Park, 317-445-3022
- Clarksville, Falls of the Ohio State Park, 812-280-9970
- Corydon, O’Bannon Woods State Park, 812-738-8234
- Elkhart, Elkhart River, 574-293-2572
- Evansville, Garvin Park, 812-479-0771
- Fort Wayne, Hurshtown Reservoir, 260-627-3390
- Fort Wayne, Reservoir Park, 260-402-4714
- Greencastle, Jaycee Park, 765-653-3395
- Indianapolis, Eagle Creek Park, 317-327-7116
- LaPorte, Luhr County Park, 219-324-5855
- Loogootee, West Boggs, 812-295-3421
- Mongo, Pigeon River Fish & Wildlife Area (Rainbow Pit), 260-463-4022
- Morocco, Willow Slough Fish & Wildlife Area, 219-285-2704
- Nashville, Brown County State Park, 812-988-5240
- New Castle, Summit Lake State Park, 765-766-5873
- North Liberty, Potato Creek State Park, 574-656-8186 ext. 250
- Peru, Mississinewa Lake, 260-468-2127
- Plainfield, Hummel Park, 765-676-5437
- Rockville, Cecil M. Harden Lake (Raccoon State Recreation Area), 765-280-4012
- Scottsburg, Hardy Lake, 812-794-2244
- Seymour, Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge, 812-522-4352 ext. 12
- Vallonia, Starve Hollow State Recreation Area, 812-358-3464
- Valparaiso, Rogers – Lakewood Park, 219-476-5860
- Warsaw, Center Lake, 574-372-9554
Communities holding events on June 3 are:
- Columbus, Mill Race Park, 812-376-2680
- Fremont, Trine State Recreation Area fishing pier, 260-833-2012